Friday, November 21, 2008

Giving Thanks

Getting ready to head up north to break bread, and turkey, with all of my in-laws. "Up north" to the land of cheese and beer. Milwaukee. Home of Schlitz, Pabst, Miller and many more. Hoping for some snow and a slice of pumpkin pie... or two. I know I'm in store for at least one of those. :)
In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few words and pictures of the things that I'm thankful for right now;

I'm thankful for my friends (new and old).

I'm thankful for those three monkeys sitting next to me;


I'm thankful that I have paying work (and that it involves creating art), that we have a roof over our heads and that we can go out to eat on occasion, and draw on the table while we wait;


I'm thankful for coffee;


and Jack Kirby.


I'm thankful for the newest member of our family, Monsieur Lambeau;


I'm thankful that I had the privilege to vote.


I'm thankful that we can take trips like this, and a previous one to Milwaukee where we got to view the Charles S. Anderson exhibit at the excellent Eisner Museum.
A few picks from that:


My favorite piece of the show;


And I'm especially thankful for this beautiful woman who puts up with all my nonsense and supports me on a daily basis.
I'm a very lucky man.



Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

7 comments:

Jon McNally said...

Happy holidays to you and yours, Paul.

Chad Carter said...

A lucky man you are, sir. I met you at Baltimore Con, bought a great SRM poster, and have been following the blog ever since. Talent and a beautiful family, and surely SRM conquering Earth? Hope so!

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Happy holidays Paul!
You're a talented man, and definitely deserving of all that good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks indeed!

Eat some cheese curds if they happen to appear in front of you!

Unknown said...

AWESOME illo!

Paul Conrad said...

Thanks Jon...and we've got one more coming right up!
You all seeing any snow?

Chad- Don't I know it... although I occasionally forget. And naw...SRM's not planning on conquering the Earth, just protectin it! Although some of the guys he's up against..now that's another story.
Love your blog by the way!

HD- I don't know about deserving...more often than not, I think I'm usually more in line for a swift kick to the seat of my pants.

Chris-You ever been to the Mars Cheese Castle? Now they got some curds awright.

Alina- Thanks..which one?

Anonymous said...

Old friend - it's been too long. I am so jealous of your journey into the world of Chuck Anderson. I feel I have to make a pilgrimage to the Great White North now.

Hope you are well - John D. Rothcorp